System Setup

HAPCAN installation tips and troubleshooting when assembling, commissioning and configuring devices.
Rozwiązywanie problemów z instalacją HAPCAN, budową, uruchamianiem i konfiguracją urządzeń.
Kelvin_r6

System Setup

Post by Kelvin_r6 »

Hi Jacek,

i have been given your system from my boss and your old one at connected business solutions (Michael) i have just tried to connecting to it via rs232. then i get stuck with this message picture attahced.

i have everything wired up the dimmers relay, switch etc, if you could point me in the right direction to get this up and running that would be great.
Attachments
Hapcan.png
Jacek

Re: System Setup

Post by Jacek »

Hi Kelvin
Thanks for your post.
Yeah, unfortunately it is quite old hardware, not even built on UNIV 2.0 processor. I'm afraid you need to use old HAPCAN Programmer v2.91 for it . You can download it from this page http://hapcan.com/software/hap/old/index.htm. And then upload firmware into device (file attached here uart_v2-1-1-2.haf). After this you should be able to scan other devices.
Please let me know if it works.
A better solution would be to use new HAPCAN Programmer and Ethernet Interface UNIV 2.0.2.0, which you have got as well.
Greetings to all CBS team.
Regards
Jacek
Attachments
uart_v2-1-1-2.zip
Firmware file for UART 2.1 - RS232C interface
works with HAPCAN Programmer v2.91 or older
(720 Bytes) Downloaded 288 times
Regards
Jacek
Jacek

Post by Jacek »

Hi Kelvin
please see the new firmware file attached.
This will give the second life for your UART 2.1 - RS232 interface.
The new firmware works with newest HAPCAN Programmer.
Regards
Jacek
Attachments
uart_v2-1-1-3-rev2.zip
Firmware file for UART 2.1 - RS232C interface
works with newest HAPCAN Programmer
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Regards
Jacek
Kelvin_r6

Post by Kelvin_r6 »

Hi Jacek,

Thanks so much for this, this will be a great help. At the moment i am controlling it via IR but the rs232 will be heaps better.

Will update when i have some more info.

Thanks again

Kelvin :)