[tuto] Hapcan with openhab on cubieboard

Bartek

Re: [tuto] Hapcan with openhab on cubieboard

Post by Bartek »

Hi, I'm searching for good rule based engine to automate my home and found openHAB. Does anyone using it with hapcan? Maybe some pros and cons about that?
rammstan

Post by rammstan »

Hello, I started in a home project in an existing home. The wiring is difficult in some places, so I decided to use the enocean protocol and 433 mhz. I prefer to use openhab than OpenRemote because it seems to be more "open" I intend nonetheless to wire what is possible. I would choose hapcan but I want to be sure it's compatible with some easy hack . What about?
Jacek

Post by Jacek »

I haven't been testing Openhub, so sorry I cannot advise anything.
Regards
Jacek
rammstan

Post by rammstan »

Thanks for your answer Jaceck.

I ll begin with wireless devices and wait some feedback about openHAB or other "libre","open" bridge serveur .
I hope Pheex could share more about how-to.

Seee U
Bartek

Post by Bartek »

I found two more open source systems that You can also check: Homegenie and Open Source Automation (OSA). First one looks nicer but documentation is a little bit unfinished, so when it comes to write some plugin for hapcan... it was hard so I quit for now ;). The second one I was testing earlier, but I have to go back and try it again. It is all mySQL based and object oriented system. It is more versatile I think now. Both are writed in C#, which I do prefer.
rammstan

Post by rammstan »

Hello Pelzak,

Thanks, thank you for this information. Indeed, HomeGenie would be really nice. I will look when I have free time. But as you said so well, the documentation is more important than appearance. OpenHAB, being quite heavy to install for the first step in home automation and not having much time, I opted for Domoticz (C ++ / HTML5 / JQuery) that is fairly well documented and nice design. In addition, the installation and handling is very fast. It is possible to write python script (only language I practice). I hope to merge the script python / perl hapcan present on the forum hapcan (post hapcan vs linux or https://github.com/asicdruide/hapconf) and test everything when I have a LOT of time.

Rammstan
asicdruide

Post by asicdruide »

Hi Rammstan,
rammstan wrote: I hope to merge the script python / perl hapcan present on the forum hapcan (post hapcan vs linux or https://github.com/asicdruide/hapconf) and test everything when I have a LOT of time.
Rammstan
Please note that hapconf has a different target as other mentioned software (like HomeGenie, Domoticz, OpenHAB,...).
The hapconf tools is used to *configure* a HAPCAN network (=each node individually).
It's a kind of replacement for the Windows-GUI.
It's not intended for use during operation of a HAPCAN network for e.g. listening/filtering/combining events or creating events.

Best regards,

Klaus
rammstan

Post by rammstan »

It's not intended for use during operation of a HAPCAN network for e.g. listening/filtering/combining events or creating events.
Yes, thank you for your precision. I confused the two software tasks. I ll post here when it will be tested
xxorde

Post by xxorde »

Hi pheex,

thank you for your work!

What work would be needed to get HAPCAN into the openhab bindings?
kompio

Post by kompio »

Ktoś odpalał na OH2 ? lub przepisał na nowy binding ?
djsuszi

Post by djsuszi »

pheex wrote:Hi,

Yes. It's a "dev" version, there a lot of log message, but it's fully fonctionnal (work with openhab 1.4.0). I have to clean the code and compile another "prod" version without the log.
org.openhab.binding.tcp-1.4.0.jar.zip
Note: it replace default tcp binding, you can't use default tcp binding and my binding together (the best was to created a new plugin but i have compilation error when i created a new plugin from scratch)

pHeex.
Have you got some newer version ? Are you still using Openhab ?
pheex

Post by pheex »

Hi,

Sorry i don't use openhab anymore.

I'm using home-assistant.io with some node-red and mqtt middleware
node-red translate hapcan message into mqtt message and vice versa

hapcan hardware <=> tcp <=> node-red <=> mqtt <=> home-assistant

I can more easily change openhab or home-assistant for an another solution this way.
djsuszi

Post by djsuszi »

Can you show some NodeRed setup?
it's not problem to send simple message to hapcan from NR, but how to read data and pasting it to mqtt for openhub or yours home-assistant?
Bartek

Post by Bartek »

Odświeżę trochę wątek, z zapytaniem, czy ktoś coś z OpenHab2 może podłączał?

Binding TCP/UDP niestety obsługuje domyślnie tryb tekstowy i trzeba kilka sztuczek zrobić, żeby wysyłać ramki w hex. O ile udało mi się wysłać ramki ze skryptów (reguł, dzięki czemu można ramki generować a nie tylko mapować) o tyle z odebraniem mam problem, bo leci NullPointerException gdzieś w kodzie bindingu TCP. Niestety jeszcze nie czuję się na siłach, żeby w javie programować ;).
kompio

Post by kompio »

Na OH2 jest jak napisałeś. Takie coś u mnie działa jak na razie :
hapcan hardware <=> tcp <=> node-red <=> mqtt <=> home-assistant / OpenHab2