RGB 3 channels white

HAPCAN installation tips and troubleshooting when assembling, commissioning and configuring devices.
Rozwiązywanie problemów z instalacją HAPCAN, budową, uruchamianiem i konfiguracją urządzeń.
Claude_Detier

RGB 3 channels white

Post by Claude_Detier »

Hello all,
Looking for a way to use 1 RGB module as 3 white channels (like the description says) with using only 3 buttons toggling.
button 1 - channel 1 at 30%, button 1 long press - channel 1 at 100% - press again 0%
button 2 - channel 2 at 30%, button 2 long press - channel 2 at 100% - press again 0%
button 3 - channel 3 at 30%, button 3 long press - channel 3 at 100% - press again 0%
I'm limited to 4Ax24V. I thought to set the master at 1/3rd for each channel.
What is the best way to configure this?
The problem I foresee is that the channels will go nicely up and down but if I press button 2 (for toggle to off or 0%) it doesn't mean that channel 1 or channel 3 should go off (through the master).
You will probably tell me the master should in this case always be on. What is the consequence? Is there a better way? I saw program, box enable, etc... but don't know what it can do for me.
Quite urgent....
Jacek

Re: RGB 3 channels white

Post by Jacek »

Not sure if I understand clearly, but seems to be quite easy.
Yes, first of all set the master channel to 100% at start up.
When button 1 short press then use instruction 0x00 "SET LED1 (R) TO…" 30%
When button 1 long press then use instruction 0x04 "TOGGLE LED1"
Then for button 2 use instructions 0x01 and 0x05 and for button 3 use 0x02 and 0x06 respectively.
Regards
Jacek
Claude_Detier

Post by Claude_Detier »

thanks Jacek,
with your idea; how does this startup master work? what does it mean on start up ? also, is there consumption at that point?
OR button 1 OR button 2 OR button 3 must start the master and put to 100%
but only IF
AND button 1 AND button 2 AND button 3 are off can the master end and be put back to 0%
with your idea; how does the master go back to 0% ?

the other part, maybe i did not explain well,
1. short press button 1 : 30 %
2. long press button 1 : 100%
3. short press button 1 (again): 0 %
if button 1 is short pressed again it will not switch off the channel in your suggestion. you seem to associate long press with a toggle command to go from 0 to 100 or 100 to 0. I need a short press to switch the channel off (on the condition that it was previously on).
Jacek

Post by Jacek »

Ok, this needs to be more sophisticated.
Master channel reduces value of all 3 channels at the same time. It is used if you want to dim RGB LEDs (all colours at the same time).
This is why you need to set master value to 255 when you use RGB module as 3 single channels.
1.png
If you set up boxes as in the picture below you will get required behaving. Let me know if something is not clear.
2.png
Remember to enable appropriate button sensing (short, long press).
3.png
Regards
Jacek